Gartner Market Guide for Cloud Office Migration Tools
Proventeq cited as a representative vendor for legacy enterprise content management consolidation and migration in 2021 guide.
SharePoint, Teams and Yammer within the Microsoft 365 ecosystem have all been great at providing a platform where you can store files, create content pages, share, and collaborate. This entails working within document libraries, manually applying metadata, organising, and maintaining your folder structures.
Other scenarios may include using Search to find content or contacts and excerpts that may be able to help you with key insights or going on a manual ‘hunt’ to discover relevant content. That is, if the permission setup allows you to see if the particular piece of content exists.
But imagine this..
- You can visit Topic Pages that have been automatically curated from inherent knowledge that is and always has been available across the multitudes of sites, groups, and teams that you have at your disposal.
- Within Search & Teams you can find highlighted ‘Topic Cards’ that point you to the same automatically curated knowledge, aiding and abetting your discovery.
- Microsoft 365 can use AI to identify the knowledge and excerpts that you need, and automatically builds a knowledge network based on learning about the relationships between people and their interactions with each other, and with the files and content they work on.
- As you upload files into SharePoint, each file is automatically scanned, and metadata is extracted and applied. The file is then routed to the right place with additional information protection applied if required.
These features may seem a little too advanced or in the realms of expensive high-end content management platforms, but Microsoft plans to bring these capabilities to the masses through SharePoint Syntex in Microsoft 365 Enterprise Plans.
Introducing SharePoint Syntex
SharePoint Syntex is the name for Microsoft’s AI Based Knowledge Management platform, the first product from Project Cortex. Its main premise is to infuse intelligent capability into everyday office apps to empower you with information and expertise, proactively pushing relevant content directly to you when you need it the most.
Building on the leading content services of SharePoint, SharePoint Syntex connects content in Microsoft 365 and external content, enabling you to manage your information and streamline processes with advanced security, compliance, and automated workflows.
Knowledge is curated and discovered as follows:
- Knowledge Identification: SharePoint Syntex applies AI to identify knowledge and excerpts in Microsoft Graph and automatically organises them into related topics.
- Knowledge curation: SharePoint Syntex curates knowledge into topic pages. Excerpts can refine topics, and SharePoint Syntex learns to update topics automatically.
- Knowledge discovery: The information on the topic pages is delivered to the various applications through topic cards. The topic cards then deliver the information to you and your applications via Microsoft Search and Microsoft 365.
Intelligent content services work as follows:
- Content understanding: Create no-code AI models to extract meaning from content and automatically apply metadata for knowledge discovery and reuse.
- Content processing: Automate capture, ingestion and categorisation of content and streamline content-centric processes using Power Automate.
- Content governance: Control and manage content to improve security and compliance with integration to Microsoft Information Protection.
The Benefits of Content Understanding Using SharePoint Syntex:
Index Objects in Images
SharePoint Syntex uses image and text recognition to identify objects in scanned or uploaded images based on an understanding of more than 10,000 attributes, and extracts text from images and PDF files.
Extract and Tag Key Information
The SharePoint Syntex forms processing system enables users to identify important information and extract it as metadata.
For example, for files with a consistent structure like invoices or contracts, users can create rules that automatically extract and tag key information like invoice date and total, and contract effective date.
Discover Information in Unstructured Content
SharePoint Syntex machine teaching capabilities enable excerpts to train the AI to recognise information in unstructured content like training materials or proposals, which often have a mix of information and formatting.
SharePoint Syntex applies advanced topic mining logic to identify topics and relate content to those topics and creates an organisational knowledge network based on relationships between topics, content and people. For example, if “healthcare” was the topic, the model would organise data into “health,” “patient,” “symptoms,” “hospital,” and others.
Our SharePoint Syntex Offerings
SharePoint Syntex Readiness
- Insights & Rich Discovery Reporting about your estate whether already on M365 or on an external ECM/DMS
- Configuration of Search Connectors and setup of Knowledge & Content Centre Architecture
- Connectivity to external data sources
Knowledge Consolidation - Content Migration for SharePoint Syntex
- Migration & restructuring to SharePoint Online/M365 ecosystems (i.e. OneDrive/ Teams) from 3rd party systems including Metadata/ Permissions preservation
- Restructuring existing SharePoint/ M365 content repositories
- Developing & Applying a corporate taxonomy to your content
- Developing & Applying a corporate taxonomy to your content, optimising your knowledge graphs
- Automatic classification and routing of content using Proventeq's AI engine
- Request management to support creation and archival of knowledge assets with approval workflows
- Simplified permissions management