30 Jun 2022
Even more intimidating, perhaps, is the idea of taking all of that data and transferring it to a new system altogether. But it can be done – and with modern CRM systems having a plethora of new features and benefits, it may be the best thing for your company and customers.
When is the right time to modernize and transfer?
Transferring to new CRM tools can be overwhelming and it can be tempting to put off modernizing for later. However, there are tell-tale signs and symptoms in your business that you really, truly need to update:
- Your employees feel like they’re wasting time because interfacing with the legacy CRM is clunky, info is outdated, or it doesn’t integrate well with other systems.
- Deals have declined because of outdated information.
- Duplicate information clogs up your workflows.
- There are legal concerns brought up by your GDPR officer regarding the out-of-date data.
- If any of these ring a bell, it’s a sure sign that you need to modernize.
And just like any other technology, CRM itself advances. Legacy software such as iManage and Documentum can underperform against the newest CRM tools.
Why transfer to a new CRM solution?
Newer software, like any technology, brings new features. New features can increase your bottom line by saving employee time, providing new data, and opening up new strategies for sales and income. Spreadsheets are a thing of the past – they just can’t keep up with the features of dedicated CRM software like Salesforce. Updating to a newer CRM tool ensures:
- Data is reliable and fit for its purpose by adding more options for organizing and sorting it.
- Keeps your business from outgrowing your solutions, keeping up-to-date with your latest business goals.
- Data is protected and backed up, especially with cloud-based CRM solutions like Salesforce
- Your system can interconnect with other modern software and expand your options even further.
- Your business has ongoing support that legacy systems may lack due to obsoletion.
Not to mention that they may offer fewer features that put you on the back foot versus your competitors.
How do I transfer my data to new CRM software like Salesforce?
The first step is of course to research the CRM with the best suite of features – Salesforce is a leading modern CRM tool that boasts cloud-based tools that can be accessed from anywhere. It’s also straightforward to transfer everything, as you’ll see. Once you’ve signed up to Salesforce and set up its users, you’ll need the help of a very powerful wizard.
The Data Import Wizard will guide you through everything you need to locate and transfer your data. If you’re intending to import through Sharepoint, which might be necessary for older legacy data, you may need the help of File Connect to speedily integrate your SharePoint and Salesforce accounts.
Once you’ve finished importing, whether through the Import Wizard or File Connect, you’ll have access to your legacy data and a plethora of new features to manage cases with.
And of course, if all this sounds too scary, we have systems, processes, and expertise in place to be able to do this all for you.
From consolidating all your data and integrations on a single platform to providing a transformative customer experience, our Salesforce services can help you to maximize your investments.