Accounts Assistant – Part-time
Account Assistant - intro
Are you interested in accounts and finance management focusing on providing support to the accounts department by performing various duties including; accounts payable and receivable, reconciliations, bookkeeping, financial reporting, and other ad-hoc duties required by the business?
Proventeq UK Company Intro - Accounts Assistant
Proventeq is a Microsoft Gold Partner and a Microsoft Charter Partner for Content Services, with a global customer base in more than 25 countries. We are a specialist provider of digital transformation solutions, focused on Microsoft 365 and other latest technologies such as AI/Machine Learning.
Our customers include UK, USA, UAE and Australian government departments and enterprises in a wide range of domains including space, financial services, engineering, research, legal, manufacturing and more. Proventeq has headquarters in the UK and offices in Dubai, India and USA. Despite our global footprint our nimble team retains a close-knit feel.
At Proventeq you will be inspired by innovation, recognized for your contribution and constantly challenged to try something new. As a growing organization, we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people – from 8 nationalities (and counting) – bringing a unique blend of expertise, talent and culture. At Proventeq, our employees have a strategic influence in shaping our future and bringing a greater range of innovation and creativity to the forefront.
We are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper / Accounts Assistant to support our Finance Manager on a part-time basis – c.5hrs a week to start initially, possibly increasing given candidate experience and business growth. The ideal candidate should have experience gained in a similar role, as well as a recognized bookkeeping or accounting qualification.
- All aspects of bookkeeping.
- Maintaining sales ledgers and purchase ledgers.
- Bank and credit card reconciliation.
- Maintaining accounts schedules, e.g. Fixed Assets, Prepayments, Accruals.
- Assisting with month-end tasks.
- Processing expenses reports and payments.
- Payment of supplier invoices.
- Any other ad-hoc duties required by the business, as requested by the Finance Manager.
- The ideal candidate should have had experience in a similar role.
- Must be AAT qualified (or equivalent qualification).
- Proven bookkeeping skills.
- Competent MS Office skills, especially Excel.
- Knowledge of Xero accounting software – preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage and prioritize workloads.
What we offer
- Competitive hourly rate.
- Flexible working, open culture, and opportunities for career progression.
This role is hybrid with the Head office located in Reading. You could work from home with the occasional visit to the office when required for meetings.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com